1. \”I\’ll have a cup of tea,\” my father said, \”because I\’m not hungry.\” Which of the following sentences is the correct indirect speech?
a) My father said that he will have a cup of tea because he wasn\’t hungry
b) My father said that he would have had a cup of tea because he wasn\’t hungry
c) My father said that he would have a cup fo tea because he wasn\’t hungry
d) My father said that he had a cup of tea because he wasn\’t hungry
2. The correct spelling is :
a) Humorious b) Humorous c) Humourius d) Humurious
3. Antonym for “Cynical” –
a) Pessimistic b) Gullible c) Equivocal d) Liberal
4. `Bootleg’ means to-
a) distribute b) export c) import d) smuggle
5. I know him.
a) He is knowm by me b) He was known to me c) He has been known by me d) He is known to me
6. One should be careful about ___ duty.
a) his b) her c) one’s d) the
7. ‘Pediatric’ relates to the treatment of:
a) adults b) women c) old people d) children
8. \’Good\’ is to \’bad\’ as \’white\’ is to__
a) dark b) grey c) black d) ebony
9. verb of ‘false’ is ____.
a) falsity b) falsehood c) falsify d) falsed
10. Far Cry – means
a) Ruined b) Lovely c) Real d) Long distnace
11. Panacea means___?
a) Widespread disease b) Fresh c) Gland d) Cure all
12. \’The day of my sistet\’s marriage is drawing near—\’. The underlined word is a/an –
a) adjective b) verb c) preposition d) adverb
13. The meaning of ’come to light’ is—
a) to publish b) in danger c) unavoidable condition d) valid
14. Identify the correct Phrases and Clauses in the inverted comma. He insisted on “my going there”.
a) Noun phrase b) Adjective phrase c) Participle phrase d) Appositive phrase
15. He is — European.
a) an b) the c) a d) ×
16. Identify the correct sentence:
a) She had faith in and hopes for the future. b) She had faith and hopes for the future.
c) She had faith and hopes in the future. d) She had faith and hopes in future.
17. Browning was the composer of any of the following poems –
a) Two voices b) The Scholar Gipsy c) Andrea del sarto d) Oneone
18. Blue chip is
a) A first class equity share b) A extremely risky equity share c) Used in colour television
d) Used in mobile phones
19. What kind of noun is girl ?
a) Proper b) Common c) Collective d) Material
20. ‘The French’ refers to –
a) The French people b) the French Language c) the French manners d) the French society
অর্থসূচকের সাথে থাকতে লাইক করুন অর্থসূচকের ফেসবুক পেজে।
লাল কালির লেখাগুলো উত্তর।